Sunday, February 3, 2013

Virtual Worlds and Gaming


              When sitting down and trying to think about a concept that I would find interesting to research that has to do with New Media I was considering all my options. I started to think about things that make a difference in my life and things that I tend to be passionate about. Among those topics I chose to do my research on the violent media and gaming aspect of evolution of new media. Video games and the like have made evolutionary steps to provide a media experience that captures its audience. As the time progressed so did the graphical nature and the capabilities of the games/consoles themselves. They can be associated with learning; they can be stress relievers and/or just fun in general. One thing that people need to accept that in this world of evolutionary technology is the video games (or type of) are starting to play a major part in child/teenagers up to self sufficient adults lives.
             One thing that really stood out to me when wanting to do a research project on this is the primary fact that violent media and video games get accused of corrupting the human mind and deterring them onto a path of violence. I want to show that violent media is not responsible for the mass violence that is done by these teenagers that cause such trauma around the world. Restricting the use or placing bans on this type of media is not a solution but an excuse to avoid the real problem here.

No comments:

Post a Comment