Sunday, March 11, 2012

Design Competition.. Reggae Poster


I used the rectangle tool to make the 3 different reggae colors and filled in each box accordingly. After that I used the smudge tool to fool around with the edges so it wasn't so cut and dry. After that I applied a stained glass filter with a centerized light in the middle. I then made another layer and added my traced picture of Bob Marley and colored it in solid black.


I added quotes from Bob Marley with the shadowed head and alternated color for the Reggae theme. I got rid of the head close to his head and input a new one to symbolize peace with his most famous quote within the hand. I also added the title REGGAE at the bottom.

I have a few ideas to run with on this but could always use suggestions.


Ok, so to finish out the poster I took some advice from people and applied it. The text as Heather said looked unfinished as I knew that it did. So I manipulated the text within the Shadow to fit the edges best I could and took Christine's idea of making the text less prominent by making it more opaque. By making it more opaque, I wanted to give it the illusion of the hand being closer then the head shadow, which I believe it accomplished. I put in random shapes and used the Gaussian blur tool to blur the shapes and then used the Liquify tool to manipulate the shapes into a smoke-like effect. I also used the Warp tool to change the direction of the smoke as well. I wanted the smoke to give the illusion that it was stemming from his fingers as Bob Marley like to participate in extra curricular activities. I tried to make the smoke look like it was merging into the words "One Day..." as Bob Marley wanted peace in the world hence why all the quotes. One day is also the song title for another reggae singer Matisyahu. 

Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment